I’m continuously asked if there are any performance tips for vSphere 6. VMware has a great whitepaper here which encompasses a great deal of information! Excellent bedtime reading here, folks! Some of my favorite highlights:
- Make sure your hardware satisfies the hardware compatibility requirements.
- Know your virtual guest operating systems and applications.
- Benchmark your server hardware and use a performance monitor utility.
- Enable DRS and use Fully Automated vMotions!
- Keep VMware Tools up to date!